Today I ran errands over my lunch break and I was like “well maybe I should check out Target’s mini-deli prior to my departure.” This was so I could try something new other than one of the random sandwiches we have in our work market, or a traditional Lunchable (my choice approximately 6/10 times).
The featured photo is the lunchable box (I took this after I ate most of it, so the hardboiled egg is long gone).
Honestly, I sort of missed the regular, generally disgusting old Lunchables that I usually reluctantly consume at my desk over my lunch break. Maybe I am addicted to plastic. Who knows. But, I have a few actual issues that could be addressed strategically that would improve this product that I am clearly the target market for.
- Maybe make it so that the crackers can fit along with the cheese and salami. The mini flax seed corn chips would be a lot better as a regular size flax seed corn chip in order to cradle the salami and mozzarella as we have become accustomed to while eating lunchables since we were in the early elementary days.
- Possibly pick a different thing other than a peeled hard-boiled egg for the side fun thing. It’s not that I didn’t enjoy it! Or, that I don’t enjoy hard-boiled eggs! It just seemed like it tasted like nothing when I opened it which was alarming bc it was an egg wrapped in plastic.
- Either make it so there is the same amount of salami and mozz or state on the box that theoretically you should be putting 2 pieces of salami per peice of mozz or you will end up with a bunch of stray salami that you will have to eat like chips, or adding to your already chewed up flax seed mini-crackers in your mouth because you cannot place the meat on top of them.
All and all I generally feel more nourished than when I eat the plastic lunchables that are made for children. But the possibly artificial food found within them is much more efficiant than the adult version. Maybe dried fruit instead of hard-boiled egg? I don’t know, whatever.
Hey! How Stuff Works did a podcast about the stuff we talked about a few weeks ago. It’s right here.
I am trying to make this as cryptic as possible basically bc you know he has Google Alerts set up.
Created Invented a certain Kangaroo shaped frosting cookie 90s snack food phenom
2. Invented a certain variety of chips on a certain brand that are actually not as greasy as the normal kind because they are cooked differently. He actually learned a lot about how to engineer this product perfectly for years and invented a machine to achieve this which is pretty amazing.
3. BFF with the lead artist (sculptor) of a certain brand of collectible big eyed religious children made out of ceramic material. (He illustrated his children’s book that he wrote and published which I will get to in no.4)
4. Wrote a piece of literature for young humans that facilitates them learning how to interpret data in the form of letters in a different way than has been engineered by past teachers. It did well. Once, on Amazon, a lady commented and said that her autistic son had not spoken once in his 20 years of life and after he read the book he started speaking.
5. Did one of those speeches that are really expensive to attend but actually you can watch them on the internet for free.
I know it seems like all I do on our blog is post songs I like from Soundcloud and try to be all introspective about it in a weird way. But, hey. I actually can’t stop listening to this song just like I can’t stop being who I am. Which is someone who mostly just listens to Soundcloud all day.
Sometimes its really rainy outside and everything is bleak in your corporate office. But, when you’re not contemplating how much worse the rest of the week is going to be (it will be) listen to this song for a little bit.
The actual name of the event has been changed for Google Alert purposes.
Tentative Fake Corporate Concept Weekend is weird. It is like a strange cult, and I am forever a member because I won it once (but just the one specifically for my weaker gender).
I attended their ending ceremonies and power point light show last evening and every single tribe that presented seems to be continuing on with their tentative concept ( a very well laid out power point).
Until next week when they realize how much work it is. My tribe and I still haven’t made much progress on our Tentative Fake Corporate Concept and the system is actually willing to funnel us money. We just don’t really care.
TFCCW is actually just a way for people to post on social media about how awesome they are at being a working adult. “Hey look lowly college classmates! On the weekends I work too. I am actually in a work contest that I pay money to be in.”
One of the weirdest things about it is that they BEG software and app developers to be in this competition. And even though most of the TFCCW power point light shows claim to be actually presenting things that only these individuals can make. They almost never even get to make anything at all all TFCCW.
The tribe that won last night actually used a form generator that I have used multiple times and called it an app. It took them 5 mins tops and I think they paid money so that they could have a pay option.
Just some observations on this weird cultural phenomenon, I don’t think it’s really detrimental to anything, however, it is strange.
Choose doom. But, in the meantime check out this Mothica remix. It is q-v pleasant and her voice is amazing as always.